Interim report January – June 2016 (26 August 2016)
Interim report January – June 2016
SUMMARY FOR THE SECOND QUARTER, 1 April – 30 June 2016 1)
● Revenue increased 3 per cent to SEK 1,573 M (1,527). Excluding the acquisition of Opus Equipment, revenue rose 1 per cent. Adjusted for currency effects and calculated on the comparable number of workdays, revenue increased 3 per cent. Sales in comparable units rose 6 per cent.
● EBITA amounted to SEK 189 M (224) and the EBITA margin amounted to 12 per cent (15).
● EBIT amounted to SEK 161 M (197) and the EBIT margin amounted to 10 per cent (13). MECA’s export business to Denmark had a negative impact of SEK 4 M (neg: 10) on EBIT. EBIT was negatively impacted by non-recurring effects of SEK 9 M (neg: 1), of which SEK 7 M (0) impacted the gross margin.
● The gross margin amounted to 53.6 per cent (54.7).
● Earnings per share, before and after dilution, amounted to SEK 3.02 (3.74).
● Cash flow from operating activities rose to SEK 228 M (137), of which discontinued operations comprised a negative SEK 2 (neg: 45).
● Net debt at the end of the period amounted to SEK 1,684 M (1,841), compared with SEK 1,626 M at year-end.
1) During the first quarter of 2015, the last two stores in Denmark were discontinued and the Danish store operations are presented in the 2015-2016 interim reports according to the rules on discontinued operations in IFRS 5. The Danish store operations were previously included in the MECA segment. With the exception of cash flow and net debt, all amounts pertain to continuing operations.