FTZ invests in Denmark´s leading car accessories company
06 December 2022 11:45
MEKO's (formerly Mekonomen Group) Danish subsidiary FTZ acquires 70 percent of the leading car accessories company Avant Denmark. Avant Denmark offers the largest range of car accessories to companies and consumers in Denmark. Sales channels include online sales via Biludstyr.dk and via retailers across Denmark. Through the investment, MEKO strengthens its leading position in Denmark further.
FTZ, which is primarily focused on sale of spare parts to workshops and other corporate customers, will now also become the market leader in car accessories for companies and car owners in Denmark through the acquisition. Avant Denmark will continue to be operated under the existing brand and current management as a part of FTZ. Sven Kristensen, senior advisor within MEKO and FTZ, joins Avant Denmark as chairman of the board.
"We are constantly seeking to add business that strengthens our position on the market. Avant Denmark is specialized in high-quality car accessories, which is a natural extension of FTZ's existing business. Together, we strengthen our joint capacity and competence in a complex market", says Sven Kristensen, future chairman of the board of Avant Denmark.
"Being part of FTZ will contribute to the future development for our customers. Among other things in the areas of; Avant shop-in-shop, drop shipment, rental app, warehouse hotel and other exciting future initiatives. Our customers shall expect the same high quality of our products, services and deliveries as before. We will continue to monitor the market carefully so that we can offer our customers the best products at the best price," says Brian Thaysen, Managing Director of Avant Denmark.
Through the acquisition, FTZ further strengthens its market-leading position in Denmark. FTZ is part of the MEKO group, market leader on the aftermarket in Northern Europe with operation surrounding the Baltic Sea.
Sven Kristensen, future chairman of the board of Avant Denmark
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: +45 25 44 43 22
Brian Thaysen, Managing Director of Avant Denmark
Email: email@example.com, Telephone: +45 40 13 94 00
About FTZ Autodele & Verktøj A/S
- Denmark's largest partner and supplier to the automotive industry.
- Delivers spare parts, tools, tires and consumables to professional workshops.
- 50 branches in Denmark, the Faroe Islands and Greenland.
- Employs around 1,200 employees with 370 delivery vehicles that distribute goods up to ten times a day, five days a week, throughout Denmark.
- FTZ Akademi offers continuing education and courses in engineering and workshop management for workshops.
- National workshop chains: AutoMester, AutoMester E+, CarPeople, Din Bilpartner, Hella Service Partner, DriveClever, 100% Autotjek, nosign, CarNetwork, Karosseri og Skadecenter, Bosch Car Service (in collaboration with Bosch Denmark).
About Avant Danmark – Biludstyr.dk
- Complete supplier of car accessories.
- More than 50,000 article numbers in the assortment.
- Exclusive distributor of a large number of well-known and sought-after brands.
- Day to day delivery to customers across Denmark.
- Own production of mats for cars, boats, camping and machines, etc.
- High-quality products - therefore 3-year warranty on everything!